Established in 1934 by Robert McCarroll, sole owner, the purpose of the Company was to hire Road Rollers to various Tar-laying companies.
During the 1939/45 war the Company grew due due to the work carried out on various air-fields. In the early fifties Mr McCarroll’s son, also named Robert McCarroll, joined the company as an apprentice plant mechanic and worked his way up learning all aspects of the plant hire business.
In the early eighties paving machines were being introduced to the industry and it was decided to invest in one. Due to the success it was decided to invest in another. The company became a partnership and took over much larger premises. New equipment was purchased and also more paving machines.
At this time Mr McCarroll’s grandson Robert G McCarroll joined the company as an apprentice plant fitter. In 1987 the partnership became a Limited company and the fleet of paving machines continued to grow. Our plant operators are fully qualified and experienced, and all plant mechanics are time served.
We are prepared to hire Machines anywhere in Scotland, and it has always been our policy to give all customers, large and small, the best attention with a follow-up service equal to none.
Our aim is continuing improvement with satisfied Employees and Customers.